The Jackson Cross name in real estate traces its roots in Philadelphia to 1876 and the founding of the J.T. Jackson Company. Edgar J. Cross founded another real estate company in 1908 and in 1928 the two firms merged to form the original Jackson Cross Company.
For the balance of the 20th century, the Jackson Cross Company was one of the most respected firms in commercial real estate, not only in Philadelphia, but around the world. In 1977 Jackson Cross became one of the founding members of the Office Network (later renamed ONCOR International), an enterprise owned by independent commercial real estate firms throughout the world and serving over 200 international markets. Jackson Cross Company’s name would be dropped in early 2000 after merging with Insignia/ESG.
In the early 1990’s our founding partners met during their tenures at Jackson Cross Company, each leaders in their respective fields. Their paths would diverge as the 90’s wore on but their friendships would remain strong. Lou departed first to serve as an Executive VP at GMH Capital Partners and then left there to form Flagship Realty Advisors. John left in 2000 after the merger to form Morrissey Partners. In 2003, when Insignia/ESG was acquired by CB Richard Ellis, Pete approached Lou and John with an idea to form a new partnership. And so, Jackson Cross Partners, LLC was formed with a vision to model the platform of their former firm, with some new twists.
In restoring the historic name of Jackson Cross, the founding Partners have rekindled the spirit and principles of a respected institution while building a new history for their firm.