Lou Battagliese is a founding principal of Jackson Cross Partners (JCP). He merged his firm, Flagship Realty Advisors, which operated as a consultant to corporate and institutional clients, into JCP in 2003. Lou heads the JCP Advisory Group and Industrial Brokerage Group. Prior to forming Flagship, he served as Executive Vice President of GMH Capital Partners L.P. – a partnership between GMH Associates, Inc., and GE Capital Real Estate – that he worked to establish.
Throughout his career, Lou has assisted many corporate and institutional investment clients on a variety of projects, valued at over $1.6 billion. He has coordinated projects and transactions in more than 45 markets throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. Active in real estate since 1984, Lou contributes a broad range of experience and accomplishments in commercial real estate that has spanned various disciplines, scale and geography, to the JCP team.
- Developed a file review and imaging process to populate a portfolio database for McDonald’s Corporation’s 18,000 site parcels in the United States.
- Negotiated a 1,000,000 SF lease for Cleo Inc.’s headquarters and manufacturing operation with W.P. Carey, along with a separate 440,000 SF distribution facility.
- Marketed and sold a portfolio of 1.9 million square feet of office properties for a group of partnerships including GE Capital, Goldman Sachs and Cargill, to Brandywine Realty Trust.
- Directed a project team that simultaneously renegotiated 31 leases for Allegheny Child Care Academy, an investment of LLR Partners LLC, reducing operating expenses by over 20% and saving over $7.3 million.
- Developed an innovative Lease Restructure Program for Nobel Learning Communities which reduced rent expense on selected properties by 15% to 25% annually.
- Performed site selection, acquisition and development services, as well as dispositions of major facilities from 50,000 SF to 1,100,000 SF for a number of clients including: CSS Industries, Dunkin Donuts MADC, Boise Cascade, GE Plastics, Pep Boys, PHH Mortgage, Yokohama Tire, and Office Depot.
JCP’s Advisory Group clients have included: Berwind Property Group, Bloomberg L.P., Brandywine Realty Trust, Comcast Cable, CSS Industries, General Electric, LLR Partners, McDonald’s USA, Dick’s Sporting Goods, TD Bank NA, Chevron, Saul Ewing LP and University City Science Center.
Lou has a BS from Drexel University and is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He serves on the Regional Board of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors and is a member of the Urban Land Institute, CoreNet Global, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals and the International Council of Shopping Centers.